Honorable - Prime Minster Shri Modi Ji
More than thirty Months have passed – Happy New Year – 2017 (Weather it is for Aam Janta ?)
What we see today –
- Democracy Deficit
- A Thinning of Democracy
- Space for Democracy is Shrinking. 75-77 was not the last you are preparing for larger doses. Congrats 23 Ordinances in 30 months.
- Parliament of Howls. Disruption of parliamentary proceedings by sloganeering and running in to well of the house militates against the soul and sprit of Democracy. Most shameful has been to see even the ruling party participating in such activity.
- Diluted standards of polity
- Instead of “Liberal Democracy” we see “Autocratic style of Democracy”.
- Threatening utterances by the PM is not befitting.
- You believe – speak loud, repeat your statement, even your lies will be accepted as truth.
Why Demonetization ?
It would affect FDI’s. Your emphasis on cash less economy is slightly misplaced. As per statistics US 45 to 50% - Other EUROPEAN advanced economies 30-40%. Germany – nearly 80%.
Even Bimal Jalan former Governor of RBI was of the opinion you only go for such a measure if your economy is showing signs of taking a downward trend. Which was not so.
Even foreign investment withdrawal may affect. Corporate world may loose confidence in our macro level economy within the country and outside the country.
There appears to be utter confusion in RBI. How much money has come in or even following your promised statement. RBI now is called Reverse Bank of India.
You have been firm “My Girls and Boys are all honest even if they do any thing wrong, is with a good intention.”