Monday, March 31, 2014

Absolute Khuswant- Khuswant Singh, in his own words, with malice towards one and all

Absolute Khuswant                                                                                                  01 April 2014
Khuswant Singh, in his own words, with malice towards one and all

ON SEX
2009, On the couch with Koel

I have a dirty mind. I see a woman and think what would she be like in bed. Don’t take that seriously. But I’m not the only one. It does cross every man’s mind.

ON POLITICS
1983, INDIA TODAY

I did not say Maneka was Sanjay Gandhi’s successor. There’s a lot to her. When driven to it, she can be like Durga on a tiger.

1999, INDIA TODAY

I was the only Indian to criticize Bhindranwale. I called him a homicidal maniac when I was in The Hindustan Times, And he threatened to finish us all.

ON LIFE
1999, INDIA TODAY

The only secret (to long life) is to acquire long lived parents. My father died at 90 holding a glass of Scotch and my mother at 94 had one last request. Her voice was feeble but she said, ‘whisky’. The doctor said, chalo, give it.

ON WRITING
2009, On the Couch with Koel

I don’t write anymore. I was a bad lawyer, a second rate diplomat and third rate teacher. Somehow I got better when scribbling. I write a lot of rubbish but it gets published.

ON DEATH
1983, INDIA TODAY

I have no respect for the dead just because they are dead. I don’t see how just because a person has died he has acquitted some sort of sanctity.


2011, THE TIMES OF INDIA


Years ago, I’d written my own epitaph: Here lied one who spared neither man or God/Waste not your tears on his, he was a sod/Writing nasty things he regarded as great fun/Thanks the Lord he is dead, the son of a gun.  

No comments: